GLOBALEX 2018: Lexicography & WordNets
Full-day workshop at LREC2018 | Miyazaki, Japan | May 8, 2018
Submission deadline: January 10, 2018 (see also Important dates below)
GLOBALEX website: https://globalex.link/
The GLOBALEX 2018 Workshop will follow up on the successful GLOBALEX Workshop @ LREC2016 (http://ailab.ijs.si/globalex/) and is jointly organized by:
- GLOBALEX Preparatory Board (http://globalex.link/)
- Global WordNet Association (GWA, http://globalwordnet.org/)
- ELEXIS (H2020-approved European Lexicography Infrastructure, 2018-2021)
The field of lexicography is continuously shifting to digital media – with effects on all stages of research, development, design, evaluation, publication, dissemination, marketing and usage – and modern lexicographic content is becoming increasingly interoperable with numerous computational domains and solutions as part of large-scale knowledge systems and collaborative intelligence.
At the same time, new interlinked linguistic resources are being created to meet requirements for language technology (LT), leading to better federation, interoperability and flexible representation. In this context, lexicography constitutes a natural part of the Linguistic Linked (Open) Data (LLOD) scheme, currently represented by WordNets, FrameNets, and LT-oriented lexicons, ontologies and lexical databases. New attempts are underway to embed lexicography in a theoretical framework as part of developing a research paradigm and common standards for interoperability with LT systems and applications.
The aim of this workshop is to explore the development of global standards for the evaluation of lexicographic resources and their incorporation into new LT services and other devices. This is the second workshop organized by GLOBALEX, a young constellation of the major continental associations of lexicography, this time in cooperation with the Global WordNet Association and the newly established ELEXIS project. The focus of GLOBALEX 2018 is Lexicography and WordNets. It seeks to promote cooperation with related fields of LT for all languages worldwide, and is intended to bridge existing gaps within and among such different research fields and interest groups.
The workshop will feature the main topic of Lexicography and WordNets, as well as these topics:
- Lexicography in the age of globalization and digitization
- Lexicography-assisted language learning and translation
- Lexicographic integration of NLP tools and corpora
- Lexicography and LT for under-resourced languages
- Lexicography and Terminology
- Lexicography and the Multilingual Digital Single Market
- Lexicography and Linguistic Linked (Open) Data
- Lexicography and the Semantic Web
- Lexicography and Knowledge Systems
- Lexicography and Artificial/Augmented Intelligence
- Lexicographers and dictionary makers
- Computational and corpus linguists
- NLP researchers and engineers
- Big data analysts
- Reference scientists and knowledge system managers
There are two types of submissions:
- Abstract (500-1,000 words) OR
- Full paper (6-10 pages)
For formatting guidelines for full papers, please use the LREC submission format. Both abstracts and full papers will address any of the topics included in this CfP, but full papers have the advantage of presenting the authors’ work and ideas at a greater level of detail. All submissions must be received by the deadline below and will be reviewed by experts in the field. Accepted proposals will be invited (but not required) to submit the full paper for publication in the workshop proceedings.
The submission START webpage will be announced in due course.
Submission deadline: January 10, 2018
Notification of acceptance: February 2, 2018
Camera-ready papers: March 2, 2018
GLOBALEX Workshop: May 8, 2018